repo

Assembler, C/C++ related topics
SteveMoody
Developer

Re: repo

Postby SteveMoody » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 pm

It's great that you've designed your own systems. You should set up your own website and show off your work.

legacy wrote:it doesn't seem, i have asked an access to the source repository and you have answered "no", so … facts are not showing you want to share and help
btw, good luck, guys

As i mentioned the code itself isn't much use without the hardware to run it on. If it's the CS8900 and V9990 code you're interested in then there's plenty of information online. Myself and Simon have provided links. If you start working on your own version and run into problems post them here and there's a very good chance that you'll get some helpful advice.

Myself and Chris just had bare Kiwi PCBs and just had to work from there. Simon was a great help and all that has been documented in these forums if you spend a bit of time reading through them. You don't have to buy the kit, that was something put together himself because there were a few people asking for one.

I think most of us here are very like minded and enjoy hacking on old hardware that we grew up with. It's not for everyone but it's something we enjoy.

legacy

Postby legacy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:56 pm

simon wrote:I've imported the following repositories:

• AVR (Atmega8 firmware for keyboard and mouse)
  • BoulderDash (Simple Boulder Dash clone)
  • CPLD (Xilinx ISE project for the CPLD)
  • EhBASIC (EhBASIC source code)
  • EmuTOS (EmuTOS source code)
  • Newlib (Newlib - changes/patches are in libgloss/m68k/
  • PacMan (Simple Pac Man clone)
  • ROM (EPROM boot code)
  • TOSloader (EmuTOS loader -> Loading EmuTOS from EhBASIC)
  • v9990lib (graphics functions)

The repositories can be reached via ViewVC or rather directly via svn: http://svn.ist-schlau.de/repos/{repository as mentioned above}

btw, understood

SteveMoody
Developer

Postby SteveMoody » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:06 pm

What is understood? There's nothing in there that will be of any use to you or that there is some stuff you can find on the Internet?

What exactly are you expecting here?

legacy wrote:
simon wrote:I've imported the following repositories:

• ROM (EPROM boot code)

The repositories can be reached via ViewVC or rather directly via svn: http://svn.ist-schlau.de/repos/{repository as mentioned above}

btw, understood

legacy

Postby legacy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm

SteveMoody wrote:What is understood?

understood that i have to buy the board to access the repository. It's a fact.
understood that i may use this forum to ask questions (or leave, definitively)

SteveMoody wrote:There's nothing in there that will be of any use to you or that there is some stuff you can find on the Internet?

they could help a lot, and teach a lot, btw, i do not want to repeat again.

SteveMoody
Developer

Postby SteveMoody » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:04 am

legacy wrote:understood that i have to buy the board to access the repository. It's a fact.

I'll try to put this simply.

EVERYTHING you need to recreate the work on here is free. You NO NOT have not buy anything. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO HEAR THAT? You can build a Kiwi and get it running just on what is available here and open to anyone. You state you have a project in mind and and you don't want to build a Kiwi so i can't see how any of this will help you!

It seems that is not good enough for you though, you have demanded that you have access to the repos so you can use them yourself. I have tried to explain that this code is useless without the hardware to run it on yet you still think you are entitled to have access to it. Those of us that have built Kiwi's have no need to access the code in SVN to get them working, we only have it because Simon is generous and we all want to work on stuff together. There is nothing so say this code is open to everyone. It's actually useless to less than a dozen people on this planet. If you're looking to rip off code you may want to look somewhere else.

You have had three of us try to explain this project to you now. If you don't understand what it's about then i think it's time to move onto a different project. The sad thing is that if you had been polite and respectful things may have been different. Instead it's been nothing but complaints and demands. I hope i'm done talking to you on here as i'm fed up of repeating the same information. It seems you don't listen to anybody.

legacy

Postby legacy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 am

SteveMoody wrote:It seems that is not good enough for you though, you have demanded that you have access to the repos so you can use them yourself. I have tried to explain that this code is useless without the hardware to run it on yet you still think you are entitled to have access to it.

oh my goodness

your application (e.g. the telnet) can be ported to my board
your CS8900 driver (which i am supposed you have fixed) could be ported to my board, i could test, prettify, and improve
your BASIC (which i am supposed you have fixed and improved) could be ported to my board, i could test, prettify, and improve
your VIDEO stuff could be useful to me to learn a lot of thing
and so no

SteveMoody wrote:Those of us that have built Kiwi's have no need to access the code in SVN to get them working

if it is open, where do you get the following:

• AVR (Atmega8 firmware for keyboard and mouse) <-------------- i want to see, it may be interesting
  • BoulderDash (Simple Boulder Dash clone) <------ not interested, at the moment
  • EhBASIC (EhBASIC source code) <-------------- could be ported into my board, i can prettify, check, and test
  • EmuTOS (EmuTOS source code) <-------- not interested, public repo, but i WANT to see the same
  • PacMan (Simple Pac Man clone) <------- i am curious and i want to see, as learn up, can't i ?
  • ROM (EPROM boot code) <---------------- it may inspired my firmware in early bootstrap, i want to improve
  • TOSloader (EmuTOS loader -> Loading EmuTOS from EhBASIC) <-------- i am curious, i want to learn up
  • v9990lib (graphics functions) <-------------- i'd like to see, an App example

i have found and download only

SteveMoody wrote:we only have it because Simon is generous and we all want to work on stuff together

i am more generous and i have put everything i can share on google code, everybody can browse my sources
- file system
- mips monitor

and all the futures things i will git push there !

everybody can download from everywhere for whatever reason without the need to ask me a password
more efficient, and no need to discuss!

SteveMoody wrote:There is nothing so say this code is open to everyone

Facts are different.

SteveMoody
Developer

Postby SteveMoody » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 am

It's like talking to a brick wall!! You don't listen anything do you?

Simon has pointed you to where there is code for the CS8900 and so have I.
BASIC?? If you have looked on the main page it's EhBASIC and there's even a link to the source code on there

SteveMoody wrote:Those of us that have built Kiwi's have no need to access the code in SVN to get them working

legacy wrote:ok, so tell me where do you get the following:

• ROM (EPROM boot code)

i have found and download only

everything else is missing

None of that is needed. Binaries have been supplied for essential parts.

legacy wrote:
SteveMoody wrote:we only have it because Simon is generous and we all want to work on stuff together

i am more generous and i have put everything i can share on google code, everybody can browse my sources
- file system
- mips monitor

and all the futures things i will git push there !

I've got open source code out there. So what?

legacy wrote:EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE WITHOUT THE NEED TO ASK ME A PASSWORD
FOR WHATEVER THE REASON THEY WANT, THIS IS CALLED HAVING OPEN PROJECT

SteveMoody wrote:There is nothing so say this code is open to everyone

no, i need a password to access it, i can't find things in this forum, or tell me where!

Are you really this stupid?? You've been given links to almost everything but you ignore them. EVERYTHING is open. At the moment it's a private repository, not available to the public. There is no password, do you understand that? There is nothing that says any software written by Simon, Marvin, Chris or myself and any others is public domain, you just assume it is.

Do yourself a favour, if you don't know how to write code to do any of this then spend some time to learn it. All your doing at the moment is coming across as a whiny little bitch who can't get their own way. Nobody here is going to give you anything just because you think you deserve it. Can you not understand that?

legacy

Postby legacy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:20 am

SteveMoody wrote:It's like talking to a brick wall!! You don't listen anything do you?
None of that is needed. Binaries have been supplied for essential parts.

yes is like talking to a brick wall, but now my disappoint is really over

expecially here

SteveMoody wrote:All your doing at the moment is coming across as a whiny little bitch

poor sentences by a poor man

SteveMoody wrote:who can't get their own way. Nobody here is going to give you anything just because you think you deserve it. Can you not understand that?

yes, i understood, and don't worry about that i will not trash my time more

it's ridiculus !

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:25 am

It is senseless. We don't need to release sources at all behind the necessary parts of the system. Linux is open source but not every Linux application is. As said before, we will release sources of different projects to the public when they are ready to be released. Latter is up to us when we will do this. All this is just a hobby and life is keeping us busy why everything needs it's time. If one follows the provided links one will find everything one needs. Even demo applications for the lwip including webserver and others can be found. If someone wants to cook, he can get a recipe and maybe the indigrents from us but I won't cook and feed.

Topic closed!

Simon