wandering what's wrong about that

Chris
Developer

Re: repo

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:38 pm

legacy wrote:hi
it seems there is a SVN repo but the access is denied
wandering what's wrong about that

Nothing wrong with it, it is for kiwi owners/developers only.

Chris

legacy

Postby legacy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:18 pm

why X_X ?
it could be funny to guys like me, that share things with kiwi project, for example i have the same CS8900

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:03 pm

Because most code is under development and uses more than one specific part of Kiwi. We will eventually release code to the public download area when its ready. But for now it makes only sense to those who can test and/or work on the in-development projects. For the cs8900a its really the best to start with the links I have posted earlier as there is the most hardware independent part. When it comes to concrete network applications our code uses other parts of Kiwi (e.g. system timer, keyboard- and video-interfaces).

legacy

Postby legacy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:03 am

i do not approve this choice as i can't contribute and your kit is too expensive for me, while people like me (a student, so you can understand why 300/400 euro are too much for me) could contribute giving an other eye to the source code

i am also interested about the Yamaha VDU

if i were in you, i would have opened a google code repository in where to put everything under the branch of "experimental alpha release"
closing things this way is not a good idea

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:33 am

I am sorry, but then the Kiwi isn't suited for you.

The Yamaha VDP is a nice chip. But you've just picked the most expensive part of Kiwi beside the PCB. :)

The repositories will be kept closed. I have read too many promises just to find our work somewhere else without getting credit later.

legacy

Postby legacy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:07 am

to summarize, this is project
1) costs a total of 350-400 euro
2) has no good documentation
3) has no public repositories
4) has no public PCB files
5) has no prove to be working, perhaps no real applications, no sources
6) has no good toolchain and get-started

ok, nice to know

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:26 am

I don't get your point. It's a tinkering project and never was ment as a ready off-the-shelf product. That it is available as a kit one can buy is the result of the demand. I could cut down the costs in half compared to my very first prototype. Everyone can get the PCB files if he or she is a registered forum member. I gave you the link the other day! The documentation is right here on the domain mostly on the forums.
Prove to be working? Ask the others or watch the YouTube videos. The toolchain is the gcc compiler suite. Call it "no good" but I consider it as pretty fancy.
I won't subsidise kits if this is what you are begging for. All in all it is just a hobby project which I spend my spare time on. Take it or leave it but don't troll! You can start your own project if it doesn't fulfill your needs. It will be much work and maybe you will find that not everything will be perfect in the first. Especially if you have limited spare time only.

legacy

Postby legacy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:38 pm

simon wrote:Take it or leave it but don't troll!

i am not trolling, you have made me the illusion you wanted to share a project while you are just selling a kit, and bull shit around as the fact you have nothing in the public repo (youtube video are just useful to clean my feet), so your project is definitively useless as i can't spent 400 euro and i can't help/contribute because you don't want to share the code

in conclusion: take it, and the story ends here.

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 pm

It might be too expensive for you, but bull shit and useless? Just one warning: Don't get rude! Next time you will be kicked.

There is plenty information around here. No need for access to the repositories. Most people see this... But we go round in circles. That you really didn't read the threads has become clear when you asked questions which could be answered with links to several threads. Read the threads, get the Gerber files, get the schematics, ask your questions, but don't think we will give you hardware for less then we have to pay for!