Micrium RTOS

Talk about the operating system (EhBASIC, FAT library, ...)
Chris
Developer

Micrium RTOS

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:00 am

Micrium has now made this free to makers and hobbyist. I've been dabbling with it a little before using the ide68k as it has some examples of how to use it, it is an interesting thing to play with.

https://www.micrium.com/makers/about/

Regards,

Chris

simon
Site Admin

Re: Micrium RTOS

Postby simon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Nice finding, Chris. :-)
Could you build a working kernel?

Best
Simon

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:44 pm

nothing serious, just tweaked a few of the examples in the simulator, there is one example running 12 indiviual tasks which makes me think it might be worth futher investigation when i get time and now they have released the filesystem and usbhost code its looking more interesting than when i played with it a year ago.

Now if only they would release the gui stuff it would be really tempting.

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:24 am

Indeed, I stumbled upon the UI stuff. Too bad that this isn't released yet. Though I wonder, if the 68008 or 68000 is fast enough to cope with an GUI and many tasks. At least the Amiga is but it's AmigaOS was tightly optimized and suited for these old hardware.
BTW, I have a new version of my GUI application. Nothing very fancy yet but I implemented a editor which is now part the textboxes. You can edit text, scroll up and down though the textbuffer and access it's content. I have to upload the new version later. When I have done simple menus I'll add it to our repositories.

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:59 am

yes I guess in reality when they talk about embedded systems they are talking about 150Mhz ARM based systems not 10Mhz Arduino :(