16:25 07/03/2014 Disaster strikes
I was soldering the last few components on and my daughter came in to the room to ask something, I started soldering the CS8900A to the board only half paying attention to what I was doing. When she left the room I realised it had 4 dimples on the top of the chip and I'd oriented the wrong one to pin 1. ARGHHHH!
Then in another stroke of genius I decided to try to take it off using the SMD rework station rather than cut it off as is my usual practice, long story short I lifted a whole section of the lands from the board
. I am not a happy bunny! It looks like I will have to use wire wrap to connect some of the signals, it won't look pretty.
I will be making a 'do not disturb' sign this evening.
I should have stayed in bed.