Who wants a Kiwi?

Talk about everything hardware related
simon
Site Admin

Who wants a Kiwi?

Postby simon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 am

Hi,

the topic is getting hot and I will order the first batch of Rev. 2 boards soon while I am working out a Kit/1-click-shopping-basket with assistance from a chip brooker. For better price calculation it would be helpful to know how many people are interested in a Kiwi. So please add your Name and the quantity you might want to get (without obligation yet).

Simon

Name (Qty)
Simon (2)

varaktori

Re: Who wants a Kiwi?

Postby varaktori » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:33 pm

I want one.

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:27 am

Great!
When I am back from London I'll place an order for the PCB. :)

Simon

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:59 pm

I'll take 1 bare PCB ( I have most of the parts already.)

Regards

Chris

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:19 am

Any news on this Simon?

Regards

Chris

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi Chris,

oh, sorry. I spent the last weekend to fiddle the needed dataformat. I can't just go the way I did before (by importing the layout data with GCPreView). Do you have gEDA installed?

Regards
Simon

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 pm

simon wrote:Hi Chris,

oh, sorry. I spent the last weekend to fiddle the needed dataformat. I can't just go the way I did before (by importing the layout data with GCPreView). Do you have gEDA installed?

Regards
Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes I still have gEDA installed on a Linux box in the workshop.

regards

Chris

simon
Site Admin

Postby simon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi Chris,

hmm, I had the idea you could help with that. But after reconsidering I dissmissed that because it would be even harder for you. Just stay in contact. I'll get back on it on friday. Until then I am pretty busy. I just had the idea to follow the workflow from the first revision. I'll have to check, if GC Preview is able to export Gerber data as requested.

Btw. I found a program/script which could be used to convert the EhBASIC source code into GNU style. I haven't tried it yet, but it works for similar source code. :)

Regards
Simon

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 pm

simon wrote:Hi Chris,

hmm, I had the idea you could help with that. But after reconsidering I dissmissed that because it would be even harder for you. Just stay in contact. I'll get back on it on friday. Until then I am pretty busy. I just had the idea to follow the workflow from the first revision. I'll have to check, if GC Preview is able to export Gerber data as requested.

Btw. I found a program/script which could be used to convert the EhBASIC source code into GNU style. I haven't tried it yet, but it works for similar source code. :)

Regards
Simon

Hi Simon, no problem. If this is in response to my asking if the Gerbers are available then any 1:1 scale image would do I just wanted to work out where I could attach pin headers onto a daughterboard to mate up with points on the Kiwi board.

Regards

Chris

e2k001

Postby e2k001 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:54 pm

simon wrote:Btw. I found a program/script which could be used to convert the EhBASIC source code into GNU style. I haven't tried it yet, but it works for similar source code. :)

Regards
Simon

Cool! Where did you find it? Did you try it already?
Cheers